Thursday, April 19, 2012

Divine Towels: a book filled with hope and promise

My name is Jason McGlynn and I have cerebral palsy.   I have spent the last 12 years writing a book called Divine Towels. Divine Towels is a fictional story where Jesus asks Ethan and his mother, Claire, to do a very special mission for Him: open a nonprofit store, called Divine Towels, where people have their feet washed.  Depending on how much faith people have, they will be given healing in one form or another according to God’s will and in his time.  Some may be healed of their physical ailments or could be healed in other ways: being blessed with spiritual gifts and being empowered through the Holy Spirit to do mighty works or walking away feeling an overwhelming peace. Those who are “the healed” think differently and have the uncanny ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.

It is not a feel-good book. Rather, it equips people with the tools required to be fierce warriors who stand up to the injustices that plague society and undertake bold actions to better society. It also inspires Christians to venture from their safe surroundings and devote their lives to spreading love, bearing fruit, and harvesting souls.

Please pass the email along to whoever you think would be interested or leave a comment and tell me what you think of this blog.

May God bless you
Jason McGlynn

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jason, this sounds like a great book. I'll share this info with people I think will want to read it too. blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read the finished product. I have known the author right from his beginnings in West Virginia. Despite what the medical community gave Jason as a prognosis, I always knew he was capable of great things. Just by spending hours each day with him and his mother I knew they both were very special people. Even though at times through the years we have lost touch for a while when we get the chance to talk or chat it is just like they are next door, back in WV with me. Jason I couldn't be prouder of you than I am now and want you to know that there are people here in Logan that think of you often. God has already blessed me with your friendship. I knew you would make it and can't wait to read your book. If I buy one will you autograph it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you Jason. I can not wait to get my hands on this book; it sounds like "divine inspiration". I hope that everyone who reads it will challenge themselves to do more for God, and that they will hold themselves to a higher standard. It is not hard to loose sight of our purpose in life, but, trying to live a sefless life is a good way to reminde us of our purpose. "...so what if our blessings come through raindrops; what if our healing come through tears; what if our trials in life are our mercies in disguise" - Laura Story. Couldn't have put it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jason, your book is awesome dude! I can't quit reading it. It has so much insight. God has open your eyes in amazing ways and has blessed you with an amazing talent for writing. My life is far richer for having read your book. Great great great...GREAT job! It was also a great blessing meeting you in person. Had I not done that I would not have been able to truly appreciate the nuances of the true richness of this book. You my friend are truly an inspiration. It is such an honor to call you my friend. Keep up the good work! I'm ready for the sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason I cannot wait to read your book Devine Towels. God bless you with every blessing that is promised to us as his children. I pray that you will continue to share your insights with us so we may expand our thinking about being a child of God. Deborah Anne

    ReplyDelete